Rensselaer Public Library, Headquarters
208 W. Susan Street
Rensselaer, Indiana 47978
Monday - Thursday
9:00am - 8:00pm
Friday - Saturday
9:00am - 5:00pm
Directions to the Rensselaer Library
From the North:
- Take Interstate 65 to State Road 114 at the exit number 215 for Rensselaer and Morocco.
- Go east about 3 miles to Van Rensselaer Street, about a block before the road tees at a stop sign. You will see Rick's Pizza on the right.
- Turn right immediately after Rick's Pizza. You will be going south.
- Go 1 block to the next stop sign. The library is on the left side at the corner of Van Rensselaer and Susan Streets.
From the East:
- Take State Road 114 west into Rensselaer.
- Follow 114 when it turns right and heads into downtown. When you come to the stoplight at Washington Street, the Jasper County Courthouse will be on your left.
- Turn left and at the next stoplight, at the other corner of the courthouse square, turn right onto Van Rensselaer Street.
- Stop in three blocks at the four way flashing light at Susan Street.
- The library is on the corner of Van Rensselaer and Susan Street.
From the South:
- Take Interstate 65 to U.S. 231 at the exit number 205 for Rensselaer and Remington.
- Turn right and go north on U.S. 231 for approximately 7 miles to Rensselaer.
- When you pass Saint Joseph's College, you will be in Rensselaer proper.
- Follow 231 through two stop lights. There will be a Y curve shortly after and you will continue straight and not follow the curve to the right.
- Follow the road down the small hill and at the bottom there will be a pizza restaurant and Mexican restaurant on the right. The road starts to slant up again and you will cross a small bridge.
- Turn right at the first corner past the small bridge. There will be a corner sign for Susan Street.
- Stop at the stop sign; continue straight and the library will be the second drive on the left. The library is on the corner of Van Rensselaer and Susan Street.